Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Reason for the Season

I was really excited this year because our little family went to see the Nativity Scenes at church. They had over 600 nativity scenes from around the world. When I got home from that experience, I realized that what my Nativity was missing was a stable. The next day I went out and purchased a stable and some straw and it made all the difference. For unto us a child is born...
I wanted to share the Nativity story with Chase and Tyler but I was worried that the figurines might get broken so I purchased a child friendly Nativity. Tyler, Chase and I put both Nativity Scenes together and discussed each one of the pieces as we put them into the scene. I loved the opportunity to discuss the Reason for the Season with my little grandchildren.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may we all take a moment in our busy lives to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

3 comments:

Xana said...

Love your Christmas Creche. When I began purchasing mine a few years ago, I purchased it because I love it not realizing that is was made of a resin, which makes it so wonderful to share with the boys. The last time I got it out, Tyler moved all the people out the stall and moved the animals in, where they belong...Duh!

Kate said...

I love your pictures!!!! I love that you have two nativity sets. The boys love to play with their set. Thanks for always thinking of them. They love you sooo much!!! :)

Jenna said...

Really cool shots mom! I like that you have the two sets too so the boys can still play with one. I like the last shot the best. I've already told you, but I really like the lighting. Thanks for always reminding us of the reason for the season. Love you mom! Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails