Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rob's Over the Hill Cake

I knew that we were going to be tired from being on the lake, so I had Sandy's Specialties from Cottonwood cater our dinner and make this fantastic "Over the Hill" cake for Rob.  I loved the way the cake turned out and the food and set up was outstanding!
There were 60 candles going up to the top of the cake and at the top it said on a tombstone "Here Lies Rob's Youth"  It seemed like it took forever to get all the candles lit....so many candles!
that it looked like the house was going to burn down!
Finally Rob was able to blow out the candles....with a little help from Jake and Tyler!
The last thing that I want to share about Rob's birthday was the idea that Jen gave me and that was getting a picture of Rob and having family sign their name and best wishes on the border and then have it hung in his office.  We finally got the picture hanging on the wall and I think it turned out pretty special!

2 comments:

Vinshiloh said...

Thanks, sweetheart, for all you efforts to make make my sixtieth a positive experience. The cake was hilarious. Aren't you supposed to be reminiscing when your sixty instead of making new and wonderful memories? The feelings of love and appreciation will live forever.

Kate said...

That cake was fabulous!!! Great party!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails