Monday, August 22, 2011

Lassen - Kings Creek Falls - A real hike!

This was a major hike for me!  We decided to hike to Kings Creek Falls - approximately three miles round trip -- doesn't sound too hard; however, it was a steep hike both ways!  This was a picture of the beautiful scenry that we enjoyed on our hike (when we stopped along the way so I could rest!)  Most of the time I was trying to place my feet in the right spot so I wouldn't fall.  Oh, did I mention that there was snow on the trail  and because it was more dangerous to go the short way we had to take the "horse trail" - a longer hike and uphill both ways like I said! The date on the pictures shows August 3rd, but it was actually the 4th -

Rob enjoying the hike and the company...
We finally reached the falls and this is a picture at the top...looking down...I wish I had been more prepared and brought a snack to give me some energy for the hike back, but at least I had brought some water as I did get thirsty!  Where's a good candybar when you need it?
I think I was contemplating the walk back in this picture.. Oh the joy :)  Chase and Tyler were real troopers and Chase made it to the falls and back walking the entire way with no help from his dad...
This last picture is a picture of the falls that I copied from a Lassen website...it was much fuller when we were there because of the late run off and the snow melting and adding to the flow...
The amazing thing is I made it back safely and I wanted to go on another hike the next day! -- Go figure :)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love the pic of you and dad with blue sky an mountains behind you! What a cute couple!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails