Monday, February 9, 2009

Trinidad, The Race {Part III}

Well, it is now Saturday, February 7, 2009 around 10am. Rob and I are wondering what the day will have in store for us and how we will do on our run. The starting time for the race was 12pm and Shelley was going to drop us off in Trinidad. We weren't sure how long it was going to take us to finish so we asked Shell to be at the finish line at 1:30pm just in case we made better time than what we were expecting (I wanted to be in under 2 hours).... Here's the picture of Rob after his race. He came in at 1 hour 32 minutes....
Shelley got a picture of me coming into the finish line. Boy was I excited to see the end of the race. For part of the race, you have to slosh through the Little River to get to the beach. We decided to take our shoes off and then cross the river and then jog the rest of the race on the beach on bare feet! The beach part of the race was about 2 and 1/2 miles long....Have you figured out yet which race we jogged??
Rob giving me moral support and holding me up as I came past the finish line. You can tell by my face how happy I was that it was over! :)
...and yes we jogged the 8 3/4 mile race. I came in at 1 hour and 41 minutes!
Shelley giving me a congratulatory hug for a great accomplishment!
She really thinks both her mom and dad are a little crazy,
!!!!!!!!!!!
but she was proud of us, too!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You guys ROCK!!! I can't believe how fast you both finished. :) I am really glad you had great weather too. :)

Jenna said...

How AWESOME are you guys!?!!! I'm really impressed with your times! I'm with Kate, glad you guys got a good day of weather for the race!

Summer's Blog said...

WOW. I never saw these before and I never realized how big a deal this stuff is. I'm totally amazed. Hoe is it you both can do stuff Steve and I can't (and I mean CAN'T) do? Ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails