Monday, February 9, 2009

Trinidad to Clam Beach {Part I}

After talking with some friends about walk/run/jog races, Rob and I decided to jog the Trinidad to Clam Beach fun run on February 7th. We prepared by exercising and jogging or walking the American River Trail on Saturdays. Shelley decided she wanted to go with us and so we headed to Trinidad which is close to Arcata/Eureka, California. We got there around 4pm on Friday (I took Friday off so we could travel over to the coast) We checked in for the race and picked up our packets, checked into our motel and then headed over to the coast so we had an idea of where we needed to be for the start of the race. These pictures were taken around 6pm and I set my camera for night pictures. I thought they turned out pretty well considering that when I set the camera for auto to take a picture, my flash popped up and took a flash picture and everything turned out dark except for a few feet in front of me. That picture was deleted! :) This is right in Trinidad at a little cove...
This is a lighthouse close to where the 3 mile race would end. There were three different races: a 3 mile race, a 5 3/4 mile race and an 8 3/4 mile race --
which one do you think we signed up for?
(Shell is in this picture)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great night shots!!! Can't believe how clear they all look. :) You can't even tell that you used a flash.

Jenna said...

Once again, SO jealous! I miss the coast! It seems like forever since I've been! Great shots! Maybe since you got to use iPods I'll do the race with you guys next year if you're up for it (or if I'm in shape enough)!

Vinshiloh said...

Where are the sweating runners? Can't believe it's been nearly three months since we did this. Great memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails