Monday, March 29, 2010

The Chase Blanket Project

When Kate asked me if I would sew a blanket for Chase because
his blanket was getting worn out, I readily agreed.  Little did I realize
that when I agreed that it would end up being a real project
for Grandma!  Kate asked me for this blanket probably in November
of 2009 and the finished project was done in March 2010...
At first it was going to be a small blanket, not much bigger than
his old blanket, but then I over bought on the material and
so instead of cutting it down I decided to just make it
a bigger blanket...then I decided to put batting in the middle
so it would be warmer (for winter) - but Chase gets it for the summer instead!
Chase would ask me how his blanket was coming along because he had
seen the material in my closet.  At one point I didn't think it was going to
come together at all because I was having trouble getting it smooth and
stretched out for the tieing or is it tying?  not sure :)
Now that it is a finished project, I am just thankful it turned out
as well as it did!  I thought of taking pictures of the blanket and thought of
taking it in/on my father's old trunk
From the pictures it is hard to tell the size of the blanket, but
it fits a twin sized bed.  For the top edge of the blanket, I
found some football buttons and sewed them on the footballs across
the top edge so Chase would know what side was the top of his
new blanket.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow! The final product is really cool! I love the red fabric! Looks awesome!

Vinshiloh said...

Well, I saw both hard work of grandma and anxious anticipation of her little grandson, who asked many times about his blanket.

Kate said...

Chase LOVES his new red blanket. You did a fantastic job!!! I really need to learn how to sew. Thanks sooo much for spending the time to make him a new blanket. I LOVE IT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails