Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lagoon

Shell, Shannon, Randall, Christopher and I went to the Lagoon amusement park on 5-16-09. Always looking for a bargain, while I was waiting for the group to show up, I noticed some coupons for 1/2 price tickets. When the group showed up I gave them the coupons and each one of them was able to get $20 off their ticket -- too bad I didn't see the coupons before I bought my ticket. After Randall and Shannon bought their tickets and saw that it worked, they handed out the rest of the coupons to those in line with children and helped save them some money, too! Great idea!


The first ride we chose to ride on was the Skyway - here's a pic of Shannon and Randall getting cozy!
Christopher wasn't too sure he wanted to ride the Wild Mouse, but that ended up being one of his favorite rides!
Another ride I didn't go on. I hated ferris wheels when I was a kid and still don't have a great love for them now. This one was huge and you could sit in a bucket and the bucket would rotate as you rotated. Sounds like a stomach churner!
Shannon in the bumper cars - The whole group participated in this ride 'cept me! I'd rather take pictures than suffer whip lash - thank you very much.
Christopher, Shell and in the background, Shannon
We were getting a little warm so decided to take the log ride. Christopher was the only one that didn't get soaked and Randall tried to protect Shell and I, but it didn't work - a big "tidal" wave overpowered us and we just got soaked!
Shannon took this picture and the one above. This is a picture of the soaking crew of the log ride!
Now, this is a ride I'm very glad I didn't go on - I don't know for sure if this is Shell and Shannon, but after they got off they felt really sick. Shannon said that going up and down this part of the ride wasn't the worst of it, but the twisting and turning after that was what got to her. The name of the ride is Wicked!
My last picture of the day was this funny spider that would occasionally blow out a spray of mist. I thought it was pretty funny as it would really surprise people as they walked under the spider. Going to Lagoon with Shannon, Randall, Christopher and Shell was a fun experience and I was so glad that Shell suggested it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails