Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Memories

Kate came up with some of her favorite Halloween pictures, so I thought I would do a search and see what pictures I could come up with as well. This shot of Jen, Kate, Steve and Shell (along with friends), Oct 1986, has to be a favorite one of mine. Jen's clown face looks outstanding, Steve's pirate beard is "so realistic" :) and well what can I saw about Kate's makeup. Shelley, my little one, is the cat's meow! A little scary in the makeup department, but Kate wanted to go punk and I really didn't have any "cool" makeup to help her "go punk" - love the hairdo though!
Now this is another year, I believe October 1985 - The next four pictures are from that Halloween adventure --
Shelley wanted to be a fairy princess with crown, wings and a magic wand. Kate was thinking that Chase looks a little like Shelley and I have to agree!

Now, here's Steve - I really went all out for his costume! I had to ask Kate who he was and, of course, he's He-Man. You probably could call him "Plastic Man" and it wouldn't matter. What mattered was getting out of the house and getting as much candy as you possibly could in the shortest amount of time!
Kate, the scary witch, good makeup there on the face! If looks could kill....
Jen, our in-house clown (notice the different makeup -- therefore, different year :)) -- mouth is a little crooked, but other than that pretty cool. Also, I noticed that each of the kids had a balloon, probably donated by Judy of Balloon Boutique (my friend who had a balloon business delivering balloon bouquets and I helped her out occasionally).
This was October 1982 - Jennifer wanted to be a princess with magical powers and so I cut down one of my gowns and made this dress for her. I love the crown on her head and the smile on her face. She looks like she would like to take her wand and maybe change her dad (who is taking the picture) into a frog. The shawl belonged to Grandma Yeager.
Here is the little group in 1982 -- Jennifer, the princess, Kate, Raggedy Ann, Steve the Smurf (Plastic Man, again) and little Shelley who didn't go out that year. Note that this picture was taken in front of our house at 3132 Rosemont Drive in Sacramento, California.
Now, here are a couple of cute pictures that Rob was able to get of Kate. One where she is smiling and the other where she is pouting. Tyler can do a pout much like his mother when she was little.

Last, but not least, is a favorite of mine. Steve as superman. He was so excited to go out Trick or Treatin' and show everyone his great big muscles -- He's faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound -- Look up in the sky -- it's a bird, it's a plane....
It's Superman Steve!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Fantastic post!!!! I am so glad that you found all these old Halloween pictures. I LOVE my makeup as a punk rocker. Fabulous. My face looks orange. :) I think my favorite pics are the one of me pouting and the one of Super Steve. :) I will always remember Steve in that costume. He used to run up and down the hall in the Rosemont house yelling, "Superman to the rescue" or something like that. :)

Vinshiloh said...

Pictures like these make me wish that time could stand still, and my children could still be children. Life becomes more complicated when you get older and loses a little of the fairy tale quality. Thank heavens for grandchildren.

Jenna said...

I'm with Dad... I think it would be cool to pause time for awhile... although I sure like seeing my nephews dressed up... this year is goind to be SO awesome! Harry Potter and the cowboy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails