Monday, October 13, 2008

Rob's High School Reunion Part 3

On Saturday, October 11th they had a golf tournament. They had prizes for first and second place: golf towels with CVHS on them or golf tools for your foursome. I told my team I wanted to win and really put the pressure on them :) Really, now seriously, I'm not the best golfer in the world but we placed fourth in the tournament! Now, that would be considered a really excellent place; however, there were only four teams! lol I don't care what the stats say -- we had the best team. Naturally I forgot to get any pictures of the golf tournament so I asked Rob to go back to the golf course so we could at least get one picture at the Gold Hills Golf Course. We didn't play in this attire - note the high heels in the pic. This picture was taken just before we went to the evening event. These are my golfing buddies: Fred Feyerherm, his brother-in-law Bruce Lamb, Rob and I. We had a lot of fun and the guys were really supportive even when I didn't hit the ball very well. Thanks guys! Fred and Bruce are married to sisters: Cathy and Wanda Blew and both sisters attended CVHS. Cathy was in the Class of '68 with Rob.
This was Rob with one of his good friends, Dennis Dailey. Dennis and Rob played basketball and football together as well as other sports. It was great to see the two of them talking sports. One of the comments that Rob made was that in high school he was the tallest of his classmates, but didn't grow after high school and he said to Dennis - you obviously grew 'cause you're as tall as me!
Two more of our golfing friends: Sherry and Mark Mauer. We got to know them a little bit at the football game, then went golfing with them and then to the evening event.
A picture of Fred with his wife, Cathy.
...finally Rob and I
At the end of the night they gave away the table decorations
and Scott Louis gave me one. I thought they were lovely
before they gave one to me and had taken a picture of
the centerpiece to practice on my photo skills! Glad I did!
Well, all good things must come to an end and Rob and I had a lot of fun at this High School Reunion and we look forward to the next one! Thanks to all who made it so special.

3 comments:

Kate said...

LOVE all the pics. Funny. Love your competitive spirit. Fourth place is definitely brag worthy. Just leave out the part about there only being four teams. :)

Jenna said...

I'm with Kate. Who needs to know there were only four teams... could be 40 teams for all we know... plus... what's wrong with fourth of four?? Not bad odds that you'll place top four. Right? Right.

Vinshiloh said...

Go CV! I brought a real beauty to this reunion. To bad they didn't name reunion queen and king. i was a shoe in with this babe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails